The Prayer Mountain is characterized by 12 prayer stations each symbolizing a different theme, Bible scriptures and characteristics of God’s character. The route allows you to enjoy the beauty of the Namibian bush while spending quality time with yourself and the Lord, giving Him the opportunity to speak through His Word and His Spirit into your life. When visiting the Rock Lodge, do not miss the opportunity of embarking on this life-changing journey of walking from stations 1–12 on the Prayer Mountain.
what to pack
Getting ready to travel to Namibia and planning to visit the Rock Lodge? Wondering what to do to prepare and what to pack? Here is a compilation of information that we hope will be useful to you.
- Rock Lodge is situated in a malaria-free zone, so you won’t be needing any preventative tablets.
- The tap water is rated safe to drink.
- The winter months are from May through to September. We recommend warm clothes for mornings and evenings, including a winter jacket.
- The hot summer months are from October through to April. We recommend cool clothes, including comfortable walking shoes and sandals, and swimming costumes
- International adaptors
- Mosquito repellent
- A travel first-aid kit
- Cameras, lenses and chargers
- Namibian or South African currency
- A headlamp and/or torch
- Light clothes, light color, long sleeves recommended when hiking.
- Closed shoes
- Swim wear